Global Cost Estimating Data and Consulting Services
Compass International has appointed John G. McConville CCP to its senior management team, John will lead Compass’s consulting teams in delivering “best in class” consulting services to Compass’s clients worldwide. John has over 30 years’ experience in the international construction industry, he has held Senior Project Manager, Director of Construction, Owners Representative & Estimating & Procurement Manager roles with, Mobil Oil Norway, Bristol Myers Squibb and Day & Zimmerman Inc.. John is a seasoned practitioner in all phases of major EPC project execution. John and the staff of Compass International are skilled in the following:
- International and domestic major CAPEX Oil & Gas, Chemicals & Manufacturing projects.
- Experts in Front End / FEED economic studies, detailed design, procurement, construction thru plant start-up.
- Construction Productivity Expert.
- Independent Estimates / Validation Services and Audits.
- Experienced with both reimbursable and lump-sum (LSTK) contracts.
- Evaluation of current estimating / project control practices, benchmarking, re-mapping, training & mentoring.
- Owners project representative, skilled in resolving change orders & claims.
- Experienced in both open shop and union labor environments.
- Skilled in the development of construction contracts, contractor selection & project procedures.
Compass International Services
- (7) Annual International & US Domestic Construction Cost Publications
- Project & Construction Management
- Estimating Reviews, Audits & Validation Services
- Value Engineering and Strategic Planning
- In-House Training for up to 25 mid – senior level staff
Senior Consultants and Staff
Our staff includes Chemical / Civil / Mechanical Engineers, Project / Construction Managers and Cost Estimators. These individuals are experts in Project Management, Estimating Reviews / Audits, Value Engineering, Strategic Planning, Construction Management, Independent Reviews and Project Oversight specific to Petro-Chemical / Manufacturing / Pharmaceutical / Power / Infrastructure / General Construction capital projects around the corner or around the globe.
International Construction Estimating Experience
The hallmark of Compass know-how is the depth and breadth of our international experience and capabilities. The expertise of our key associates covers most of the world’s industrialized countries and developing nations including the following:
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom (50 Projects)
- United States (350 Projects)
- Performed construction cost surveys of 30+ countries in Asia, Africa and South America for major North American corporations.
- Completed a review/audit report of a FEED study related to a $470 million LNG facility located in Middle East.
- Compiled commercial/technical bid packages (RFP’s) for various chemical/petroleum/manufacturing facilities.
- Estimating audit/due diligence report of a $3.7 billion mine, power station, port, railroad, township and refinery facility – located in Africa.
- Estimated a high speed sugar packaging line in, Colombia, valued at $3.5 million.
- Senior P.M. on a worldwide flavors production / logistic center located in N.E. USA, valued at $12 million for a major Fortune 500 Company.
- Estimating, value engineering and buyout of equipment and subcontracts specific to a Pharmaceutical R&D facility located in N.E., USA, valued at $40 million.
- Reviewed and critiqued (8) cost estimates specific to coal, oil, nuclear and gas fired power plants located in North / South America and Asia.
- Owners Representative on a Chemical Facility located in S.E. USA valued at $30 million.
- Estimated major “grassroots” refinery in Venezuela, valued at $350 million.
- Technical Auditor of two front end studies specific to (4) Airport Projects in Moscow, Russia valued $700 million and a $240 million refinery upgrade / revamp project in Turkmenistan.
- Project Manager on a Medical Center 50,000 SF facility located in NJ. Valued at $7.5 million.
- Program Manager of the review and critique of the project execution methods utilized in the engineering, procurement and construction of the largest trash bailing / disposal facility in USA. Valued at $70 million.
- Provided Project Management – Controls training to 50+ senior managers of one of India’s major steel producers.
- Value Engineering on mining project located in Idaho, USA valued at $70 million, savings of 12% were achieved.
- Estimated (7) Pharmaceutical facilities in Canada, valued at C$65 million.
- Estimating and Value Engineering services on a Power Plant 580 MW located in Saudi Arabia, valued at $700 million
“On numerous occasions, I have experienced the high quality of the work produced by John and his company. I have found John to be an expert in his profession, around cost, schedule, estimating and all aspects of productivity both domestically and at an international level. John is highly dedicated, hardworking and knowledgeable. I would definitely work with John in the future and strongly recommend him to any future clients, project teams or owner organizations.” — Douglas W. Leo CCP CEP FAACE FRICS